All participants attending courses / classes / workshops at MUDDLE Ceramic Workshop agree to the following terms and conditions upon completion of the booking process and/or paying a deposit or paying in full.
STUDIO POLICIES AND PROCEDURES
- MUDDLE is an inclusive, safe, fun, friendly place, and we believe in equality and respect for all people. We are proud allies of the LGBTQIA+, disability and BIOPIC communities.
- The studio is at all times a respectful and safe place. By agreeing to these terms and conditions participants are fully agreeing to and committing to maintaining a zero-tolerance policy regarding any disrespectful behaviour, including but not limited to rudeness, intimidation, bullying, sexism, racism, ableism, bigotry or any other inappropriate behaviour. Anyone being disrespectful or disruptive, where their behaviour is negatively impacting others, will be asked to leave and no refunds will be given for the remainder of the classes / workshop.
- MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop teachers, management and staff will inform participants of all appropriate Workshop Health & Safety (WH&S) requirements as appropriate.
- By agreeing to these terms and conditions all participants use the MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop at their own risk, with awareness of the inherent hazards of a busy studio environment which include but are not limited to, sharp tools and sharp edges, heavy equipment and objects, repetitive movement, the respiratory risks associated with clay dust, and potential exposure to toxic materials
- All participants must follow WH&S & cleaning procedures as instructed
- o Any participant who is not abiding by the WH&S instructions conveyed by MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop teachers, management, staff or other authorised personnel will receive a formal warning and further training. If non-compliance continues the participant or student may have their enrolment cancelled and no refunds will be issued.
- MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop strongly encourages participants to wear enclosed sturdy footwear at all times while on MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop premises. If you choose not to wear enclosed sturdy shoes you do so at your own risk.
- MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop strongly encourages participants to wear a mask when creating clay dust, such as sanding bone dry pots. If you choose not to wear a P2/N95 dust mask or respirator you do so at your own risk. MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop can supply P2/N95 masks if requested.
- MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop is responsible for informing all participants of the safe operating procedures regarding MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop equipment. The following equipment is regarded as low to medium risk. Only participants and students who have demonstrated relevant experience, or received instruction from MUDDLE teachers, the management or other authorised personnel are permitted to use the following equipment:
- Slab roller
- Pottery Wheels
- The following equipment is for staff use only:
- Clay mixers
- Glaze mixing equipment
- Bench grinder
- All equipment and tools used during class / workshop is the property of MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop and may not be removed from the premises. Participants use the equipment and tools belonging to MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop at their own risk.
- Participants and students are liable for damage to the workshop and to equipment and tools that arises from:
- Misuse of equipment and materials
- Non-compliance with appropriate procedures or instructions
- Unauthorised adjustments to equipment settings
- Non-compliance with MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop WH&S instruction
- Any damage to the building, equipment and tools will be repaired / replaced by the person responsible. This includes damage due to a participant not listening to instructions properly, and therefore damaging tools / equipment as a result.
- Participants enter the MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop premises at their own risk. MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop is not liable for any injury caused as a result of inattention or non-compliance with instruction. MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop does not take responsibility for any pre-existing condition or injury that may by exacerbated attending our classes or workshops.
- Participants are required to clean up after themselves when finishing up for the session – your failure to properly clean up may result in someone else injuring themselves. Safe workshop cleaning procedures include:
- Wet sponge and wipe tables, wheels and stools, wedging table and sinks after use.
- Wet mop clay spills.
- Ensure that all tools, bats and equipment are cleaned and returned to the correct place.
- Lock slab roller and extruder after use.
- Place stools under tables to avoid trip hazards.
- Do not leave extension leads on floor.
- Do not leave brushes in glazes, water or wax.
- Place lids on glaze buckets after use and push bins under tables and benches.
- Wet mop any spills.
- It is the responsibility of the individual participants and students to manage the movement of their own pottery work in the studio, taking steps such as:
- Put partly completed work it in a poly box with your name on the box
- Leave it on the back shelves to dry
- Once bone dry move it to the ‘Bisque In’ shelves (making sure IT HAS YOUR NAME ON IT)
- Collect it from the Bisque Out shelves
- Once glazed, place it on a cookie on the ‘Glaze In’ shelves
- Collect the work from the ‘Glaze Out’ shelves
- Any work not collected by Week 3 of the following term will be recycled, thrown out or given to local charity stores.
- While all care is taken with participant ceramic work it is a normal part of the ceramics industry for breakages to occur. Technical issues may occur that cause work to fail, break and in some occasions damage other peoples work, or cause injury. MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop is not responsible in any way for participant technical failures or breakages, and is not responsible for other damage that occurs to participant ceramic work. MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop cannot guarantee that all participant work will be successfully fired.
- MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop takes no responsibility for the safety and security of personal items. This is including but not limited to:
- personal belongings such as clothing, bags, wallets, phones and jewellery;
- all ceramic work and personal tools, decoration supplies etc;
- and vehicles belonging to participants while on the premises, whether parked in MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop car spaces, or street parking on Mornington Road.
- ‘Lost and Found’ items are placed on the coat rack near the front of the studio. Please ask us if you’re not sure.
- MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop has the right to take and use images of you as a participant while on the premises for the purposes of promotion and documentation that benefit solely MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop. Please inform us if you do not want us to take or use any images of you.
- MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop is home to a very lovable studio dog, Sully, who has anxiety and is not able to be around other dogs. If you bring another dog to the MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop premises MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop is not liable for any injury to your dog or person (we have never had an incident but are being clear here for legal reasons).
- If you have a service dog please let us know in advance so that we can make arrangements to ensure Sully is not at the studio while you are there. Service dogs are very welcome at MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop.
- To ensure the health and safety of all who come to MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop we follow the Tasmanian Government COVID-19 Guidelines at all times.
REFUND AND CANCELLATION POLICIES
– Adult ‘MUDDLE Club’ Classes, Kid Muddlers and Young Muddlers
If you are unable to attend your booked term classes please notify us as soon as possible. If we are able to find someone to take your place in the class you will be refunded 90% of the class fee. If we are unable to find someone to take your place in the class you will be refunded 50% of the class fee.
No refund will be given if you cancel within 7 days of classes commencing.
Once the term has started there is no refund given for the remaining classes in the term. No refunds or credits are given for missed classes.
If the classes are cancelled by MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop then you will be refunded in full for the number of classes owing.
If you are unable to attend your booked workshop please notify us as soon as possible.
If we are able to find someone to take your place in the workshop you will be refunded 90% of the workshop fee. If we are unable to find someone to take your place in the workshop you will be refunded 50% of the workshop fee.
No refund will be given if you cancel within 7 days of the workshop date.
If you have already attended part of the workshop, no refund is given for the remaining sessions/days.
If the workshop is cancelled by MUDDLE Ceramics Workshop then you will be refunded in full.